New Horizons Bloomington is an adult beginner orchestra that gives people of all ages an opportunity to learn to play the violin, viola, cello, or bass in a group setting. We welcome complete beginners as well as those with some experience. Members will learn the basics of playing their instrument, how to read music, and how to play with others in an ensemble. We gather together to learn from one another, and have fun in the process!
Andrea Kleesattel is a cellist and music educator. She is a former member of several professional orchestras in the USA and Japan and has performed in solo and chamber concerts around the world. She is an experienced Suzuki teacher with training in Dalcroze and movement practices.
Audrey Jo Williams, a graduate from the Eastman School of Music, is both a performer and music educator. She has over 10 years of experience teaching students of all skill levels. Audrey maintains a private studio in town teaching violin, cello, and bass. She also performs with the Bloomington Symphony.
Danielle Girard is a Canadian violinist and educator. For several years, she held a teaching position in Atlantic Canada, while also performing with orchestral and chamber groups throughout the region. Danielle is currently pursuing her Doctorate in Music Education at the Jacobs School of Music.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Schedule and location
|September 18||Registration and payment due; rehearsals begin|
|December 11||Rehearsals conclude|
|January 22||Registration and payment due; rehearsals begin|
|March 11, April 8||No class|
|April 22||Rehearsals conclude|
Meeting schedule: Mondays, 6:30-8:30PM in the Commons (lower level).
Location: Bell Trace Senior Living Community (800 Bell Trace Court, Bloomington, IN 47408).
- Tuition - $175
Spring Semester Requirements
- Violin - G Major scale (2-octaves; starting from open G string)
- Viola - C Major scale (2 octaves; starting from open C string)
- Cello - C Major scale (2 octave; starting from open C string)
- Bass - G Major scale (2 octaves; starting from open E string, finger 2)
How to apply
- Application process: To apply, complete the online registration. No auditions are necessary to join.
- Payment: Accepting payment via credit card or check. Please do not send checks or any other forms of payment to the Office of Jacobs Academy.
Once you have completed the previous steps, please submit the Participant Agreement Form