Join us for 4 days of masterclasses and presentations by JSOM faculty and guests! Our focus will be chamber groups of piano and strings, or strings only, who are seeking an enriching experience. We welcome multiple levels of musicians. Coaching, lecture-recitals, mindfulness sessions, and masterclasses will be offered. Pre-formed groups participants will have the opportunity to attend all masterclasses and presentations and to receive expert coaching in one masterclass. Auditors will have access to all masterclasses and presentations but will not perform in a masterclass.
Chamber Music Workshop
Constance Cook teaches at the IU Jacobs School of Music. She has championed contemporary and minority composers and formerly, was president of a chamber music organization. For twenty years, she was on the faculty of chamber music programs in Colorado, including Lamont School of Music Pre-College Academy, which she founded.
Hilary Glen, cellist, has been praised as a “standout performer.” She is the Assistant Principal in Atlanta Opera, Principal of Columbus Symphony, and section member of the Atlanta Ballet and Des Moines Metro Opera. Dr. Glen has worked with illustrious musicians, including Janos Starker, Alan Harris, and Michael Tilson Thomas.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2021 Schedule
The workshop will take place from Thursday, June 3, to Sunday, June 6. Schedule is subject to change.
|Thursday, June 3 (3–6 p.m.)|
|3:00 p.m.||Introductions and Lecture - Performance by workshop faculty|
|4:30 p.m.||Mindfulness Session|
|5:00 p.m.||Master Class 1 - Coaching for 1 pre-formed ensemble|
|Friday, June 4 (3–6 p.m.)|
|3:00 p.m.||String Quartet Dissection by workshop faculty|
|4:30 p.m.||Chamber Music Rehearsal and Performance Techniques|
|Saturday, June 5 (2–5 p.m.)|
|2:00 p.m.||Piano and Strings Chamber Music by workshop faculty|
|3:30 p.m.||Master Class 2 - Coaching for 1–2 pre-formed ensembles|
|Sunday, June 6 (2–5 p.m.)|
|2:00 p.m.||Lecture - Performance by workshop faculty|
|3:30 p.m.||Master Class 3 - Coaching for 1–2 pre-formed ensembles|
This seminar is intended for participants over the age of 18: Applicants may be students, semi-professionals, or professionals.
The workshop will be online-only and conducted using Zoom.
- For more information, contact Constance Cook Glen at email@example.com.
The deadline for registration is April 15, 2021. Tuition and costs TBD.
- 10 minutes or one piece of recorded material of the ensemble applying to participate as performers in a master class. We prefer either an mp3 file or a youtube link e-mailed to our office, but applicants also may choose to mail the recording as CD or DVD. We are not responsible for late, damaged, or unreadable materials. Mail materials only (no checks please; see your registration invoice for information on where to send a check)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Pre-College and Summer Programs
IU Jacobs School of Music
1201 E. 3rd St. Merrill Hall 006
- Please provide the following information in your application materials:
- How long has your group been playing together?
- What are the most recent pieces you’ve played?
- Please provide a short list of representative pieces in your repertoire.
The workshop is open to anyone over 18 for auditing. The deadline for auditor registration is May 31, 2021. Fees TBD.